Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Automotives in Indonesia

Ok so as we have been driving back and forth to Jakarta from Cikarang (President University) I have noticed many different kind of cars on the road here.  They have Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Suzuki and an Australian brand. You know we have Civic, Carolla, their names here are Honda Freed, Toyota Breeze. So I looked up the cars difference, they have different standards than we in the US have.  For example the exhaust system is not like ours, the amount of emission that is let out is way more than ours, these cars would not pass an emission test in the states.  The seat belts are not the same either, as I road in the front of the Isuzu (that is the van that we have been transported in) the seat belts are not the same as in the US.  There don't retract and fit snug around your waists/lap, you know as a little kid you could just have the lap belt on and take the strap that fits across your chest and put it around your back,  well as a grown adult I could do that too!!! I was like this is not safe as at all!!!  Standards are different here.  I love the car names like Freed and  Breeze.  As you all remember they have motorcycles here, like every one has one.  Since I have been here I have seen 7 trailer trucks filled with motorcycles, they do not need any more motorcycles on the road here!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment