Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mosquito bite on my lip

 
OMG I have a mosquito bite on my lip!!  They have eaten me up all over my forehead and arms.  I try not to scratch and I put some cream on it to stop the itch.  Today we went to  Universities Peilitas Harapan (UPH).  Remember we visited the elementary school last week.  This was the university side of the Harapn school system. They had very nice facilities and they treated us to lunch.  We then battled our way through traffic to come back to President University to plant trees. Each of us will have a tree with our name on it, date and university.  I have a mango tree, pictures soon to come.  Tonight we are eating pizza together, I am excited to see how Indonesians do pizza.  Today is my one and only brother, Aaron Holmes birthday he is 30th years old!! Happy Birthday to him!!
Someone ask me what I think of Indonesia so far I had to ponder that question for a moment so that I can really reflect about what I think about my time here.  It is hot here, but there are times when the humidity is not too bad and there is breeze in the trees.  The people are very nice and humble.  They are grateful for what they have and will share everything they have with you.   They are a hard working people.  I was not ready for just how much development Indonesia was going through, but there is so much room for growth here at Presidents University and in general.  The partnership that Indonesia is creating with USA and Australia, for example, is setting Indonesia up for success in the area of Higher Education.
I know that I have an interest in International Education but I don't know what direction but I do know that more African American need to travel abroad because the stares that we are getting are too much!!
 
 
 
 
 
--
"The best way to travel for free, is to get lost in a good book." ~ Me

No comments:

Post a Comment